Rambles, stories and thoughts from a finnish wargamer.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pimp my Crusader!

This conversion started with a plastic crusader I had laying around. I split the two-player set with a friend and was saving that Crusader so I could build a Blood of Martyrs from it eventually. Then the realization came that I don't even like Thyra that much, so that Crusader was combined with some bits and this came out:





Basically I "skullified" the head, added some spikes, blade attached to the bottom of the arms, end of the smokestack replaced and made the mace a little beefier and spikier. :) There is still little cleaning up to do, but he is pretty much done.

I plan to use him both as Crusader and Fire of Salvation in friendly games. Running multiple Crusaders is fun. :)

During the holidays I plan to get Knights Exemplars and Gravus painted so I won't feel quilty when playing them. I'll probably post some thoughts about them in January, but now it's time for some rest.

Happy holidays!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the small "skullified" head. Jack's are made for fighting, not for thinking!

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Severius is there to think, Crusader is there to smash. ;)

    That head took some fiddling to fit, as it was quite big initially. I think it's still bigger than the regular head. It follows theme from the bastions I showed you earlier.

    ReplyDelete

If you disagree with something I've said or just have something to say, post a comment!